How does Invisalign work ? – Ultimate Guide for Patients
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually move your teeth into the desired position. These aligners are made of a medical-grade thermoplastic material that is comfortable and virtually invisible when worn.
If you are considering Invisalign treatment, here is a step-by-step guide to how it works:
- Consultation with an Invisalign Provider: The first step is to schedule a consultation with an Invisalign provider. During this appointment, your dentist or orthodontist will evaluate your teeth and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you.
- Treatment Plan: Once it’s determined that Invisalign is right for you, your provider will create a personalized treatment plan. This plan will include a 3D digital model of your teeth that will be used to create your custom aligners. You’ll be able to see a virtual representation of your final smile before you even begin treatment.
- Custom Aligners: Your aligners will be custom-made based on your unique treatment plan. Each set of aligners is designed to apply gentle pressure to your teeth, gradually moving them into the desired position. You’ll wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, and then switch to the next set in the series.
- Wear Your Aligners: You’ll wear your aligners for 20-22 hours per day, taking them out only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. You’ll need to switch to a new set of aligners every two weeks, following the schedule set out by your provider.
- Progress Check-ups: Throughout your treatment, you’ll have regular check-ups with your provider to monitor your progress and ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Your provider may also make adjustments to your treatment plan if necessary.
- Maintenance and Retention: Once your treatment is complete, your provider will recommend a retention plan to help maintain your new smile. This may involve wearing a retainer at night or for a specified period of time. Your provider will also give you instructions on how to care for your new smile to ensure it lasts a lifetime.
Overall, Invisalign is a discreet and effective way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. If you’re interested in Invisalign treatment, schedule a consultation with an Invisalign provider to learn more about how it can work for you.