Top 10 ways to look after childrens teeth | Rugeley Dental Practice
- Start early: Begin taking care of a child’s teeth as soon as they appear, which is usually around six months.
- Brush twice a day: Encourage children to brush their teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily: Encourage children to floss their teeth daily to remove plaque and food particles that are hard to reach with a toothbrush.
- Limit sugary foods and drinks: Avoid sugary snacks and drinks, which can cause tooth decay.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking water can help wash away food particles and reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Use a mouthguard during sports: Encourage children to wear a mouthguard during sports activities to protect their teeth from injury.
- Regular dental checkups: Regular dental checkups are important for maintaining good oral health and identifying any potential problems early on.
- Fluoride treatments: Fluoride treatments can help strengthen tooth enamel and prevent tooth decay.
- Dental sealants: Dental sealants can be applied to a child’s teeth to protect them from decay and damage.
- Educate children on proper oral hygiene: Teach children the importance of proper oral hygiene and help them establish good habits that they can carry with them into adulthood.
nhs dentist rugeley,
my dentist rugeley,
avondale dentists rugeley,
rugeley dental practice,
dentist anson street rugeley,
horsefair dental practice rugeley,
serenity dental care rugeley,
avondale house rugeley, best dentist rugeley, rugeley dentist,