What are clear Aligners ? Patient Advice Sheet
Clear aligners are a type of orthodontic treatment that uses a series of transparent, removable trays to gradually shift teeth into the desired position. They are a popular alternative to traditional metal braces as they are almost invisible, comfortable to wear, and convenient.
How do clear aligners work? Clear aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth and gradually shift them into the desired position. You wear a series of aligners, each one slightly different from the last, for a period of about two weeks. Each set of aligners applies gentle pressure to the teeth to move them into the desired position. The treatment usually takes several months to a year or more, depending on the severity of the misalignment.
What are the advantages of clear aligners?
- They are almost invisible, so you can straighten your teeth discreetly.
- They are removable, so you can take them out while eating or brushing your teeth.
- They are comfortable to wear as they are made of a smooth plastic material that does not irritate the mouth.
- They do not require any special dietary restrictions, as traditional braces do.
What are the disadvantages of clear aligners?
- They may not be suitable for severe cases of misalignment.
- They require self-discipline as they need to be worn for 20-22 hours per day to be effective.
- They may cause slight discomfort or pressure when a new set of aligners is put in place.
How do I get clear aligners?
The first step is to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. They will assess your teeth and determine if clear aligners are a good option for you. If you decide to go ahead with the treatment, you will be provided with a series of aligners to wear over a period of several months.
In summary, clear aligners are a discreet and convenient way to straighten your teeth. They are suitable for most people with mild to moderate misalignments and can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. If you’re interested in clear aligners, speak to your orthodontist or dentist to determine if they are right for you.
how do clear aligners work,
over the counter teeth aligners,
mtm clear aligner cost,
clear aligners for teeth,
clear aligners braces,
how does aligners work,
aligners clear dental teeth,